Cold weather calls for comfort food, and the way that Winter came through the MidWest these last few days, I’m on a comfort food binge. I’ve been indulging in all of my favorites: Biscuits with honey, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Beef Short Ribs, the list goes on and on. One of my go to dishes in terms of comfort is an ooey-gooey, cheesy Grilled Cheese. Yep. A Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Just look at it.
I know it sounds silly, but there is a method to my madness. Just look at the ingredients, I grab giant slices of Texas toast, a few slices of perfectly cooked bacon, throw on some Granny Smith apples and a mix of melty cheeses, and happiness can be found. Yep. My favorite grilled cheese is quite the stunner.
Celebrate National Cheese Lovers Day on January 20th with a super cheesy Grilled Cheese. Grab my recipe below.
- 2 slices of Thick Sliced Texas Toast Bread
- 5 Thinly Sliced Granny Smith Apple Slices
- 4 Slices of Perfectly Cooked Thick Cut Bacon
- 1/4 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Slices Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Heat a nonstick skillet on Medium Heat
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of Butter just until bubbly
- Place 1 Slice of Texas Toast in Skillet
- Add 1/2 of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese to Bread
- Place 1 Slice of Each Provolone & Colby Jack Cheese on side of Bread
- Top with Sliced Apples and Bacon
- Place remaining Shredded Cheese on Top of Sandwich
- Top sandwich with second slice of Texas Toast
- Cook on Medium Heat until golden brown.
- Press lightly to melt cheese.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich
- Add second tablespoon of butter
- Cook until golden and cheese is fully melted.
- Serve and devour immediately.
- This sandwich pairs well with your favorite soup.
- I happen to favor Tomato.
Tell me all about your favorite Grilled Cheese in the comments.
Thanks for reading.
Love God, Love People. Eat Good!