Whoa! Where did the time go? It’s amazing to me that we’ve reached the end of year another year. Man, time flies!
What a time to be alive. 2015 has been a whirlwind year, and I couldn’t be more excited, energetic, a ready for more. In FoodLoveTog fashion, I’m gonna recap what a cool year was for my little space on the web. My 2015 year in review. Highlights of this year included:
- I grew my dream. Foodlovetog has been more than *just* a food blog. It’s connected people. created memories, and allowed good food to be at the center. 2015 was truly as testament to faith over fear. I’m glad I stepped out of my comfort zone.
- I created my first recipe collection available for purchase and download. Grab Savory: a collection here
- Added new spice blends to my Spice Line. You know you want them! Click the link and Be Ye Seasoned!
- Winning the Best Food Blog Award from Black Weblog Awards. Like whoa! Me, this little spot? So thankful. So shocked. I still don’t know who nominated me, whoever you are, THANK YOU!
- Appearing on a live segment on WTHR-Channel 13. I was able to chat it up with a local station about Thanksgiving Food Crafts. Check out the segment here
- Connecting with Indy Moms Blog, major highlight and honor to be apart of a team where I can share what being a mom in the kitchen means to me. Check my posts out here
- I managed to grow my voice this year, and in doing so, I gained a monthly column with the nations oldest Black Newspaper, the Indianapolis Recorder. Check my column out every 4th Friday in the Around the Town Section, online.
- Katrice Mines, (my big sister in my head) Editor in Chief of the Atlanta Tribune: The Magazine, featured me as a “Foodie I Love” Check it out here
- I cultivated some amazing flavors this year. One of my most popular recipes this year was: Savory Popovers They are still a favorite in my home. Team Brunch Hard will thank you when you make those.
- One of the best moments of the year: I was able to introduce my daughter to a WORLD of new flavors. That almost 2-year-old will try anything and loves her veggies. Proud mama here!
Thanks so much for rocking with me in 2015. I’m looking forward to sharing my love of food with you and your families in many more ways this coming year. I’ve got big dreams and 2016 is ready, waiting, and willing for me to give birth to them!
Here’s to good eats, amazing moments, and a prosperous 2016!
Love God, Love People, Eat Good!