It’s almost September, do you know what that means? It’s time to celebrate International Bacon Day!! Whoooooop! If you’re a follower of the blog, you know that I love and live for Bacon. It’s my favorite food! So in bacon love fashion, my foodie boos and I have done another blog hop to celebrate.
Grab the recipe and Bacon drools below!
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Milk (warmed)
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheese
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Diced Chives
- 1/4 cup cooked, diced Bacon
- pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Oven must be hot.
- Beat 2 eggs lightly and set aside
- Combine remaining ingredients by whisking together lightly.
- Drop a portion of melted butter into the bottom of each cup of popover or muffin pan
- Ladle batter into each cup, filling 3/4ths of the way full
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes
- No peeking while baking. The heat makes these POP!
- Serve hot and Enjoy.
- I served popovers hot with butter and syrup.
- Sweet and Savory to the max!
How do you plan on celebrating International Bacon Day? Tell me in the comments.
Thanks for reading!
Love God, Love People, Eat Good!