Greetings and Happy August!!
The kids are back to school and Summer is coming to a close. Where did the time go? Well, in terms of speed, I’m presenting a recipe to help make your evening meals a little easier: Butter Roasted Chicken Legs. Yep, really easy and fairly inexpensive. Chicken legs and thighs are running about .99 cents a pound in my area, this is usually for a family/value pack size, meaning you get a lot of cluck for your buck. I usually roast up a pack on Sunday and get at least 3 meals out of the chicken. Check out the recipe below.
- 1 large pack of skin on chicken legs (usually 10-12)
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse chicken legs and pat drive with paper towels.
- Season chicken with, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Be sure to peel back the skin slightly and season under the skin of the chicken leg
- Place one tablespoon of butter under the skin of the chicken leg
- Massage the butter into the skin of the chicken
- In a large non-stick oven roaster, arrange chicken legs in a single layer
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees
- Serve with your favorite veggies for an easy weeknight meal.
- For a quick change up: add rosemary, thyme and lemon for an exceptional pan sauce.