The Sweet Potato is one of my favorite vegetables. I love that can eat it all year long in a variety of ways.. steamed, roasted, baked in a pie, chopped in a hash for breakfast, the possibilities are endless for the sturdy vegetable. In honor of Fall, I decided to whip up this cake, instead of my usual Banana Nut Bread. I’m so glad I did.. I mirrored this recipe after my Granny’s Banana But Bread, only this one is Eggless and Milk-free. Yep, it is quite possible to bake a moist bread without eggs or milk. I dare you to try it!
Check out the recipe below.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (Cooked and Mashed) ( to yield 1 cup )
- 1/2 stick of Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 and 1/2 Cups AP Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat Oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sugars, Nutmeg, Cinnamon,& Applesauce
- Stir gently to combine
- Add Baking Soda, Salt, Melted Butter, Vanilla Extract
- Add flour and stir well to combine all ingredients
- Fold in Chopped Pecans
- Add mixture to a prepared loaf pan
- Bake on 350 for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in middle of bread comes out clean
- Let Cool and Serve along side your favorite milk.
Thanks for reading!
Love God, Love People, Eat Good!