Fresh Green Beans are a staple in my house. I have a slight addiction to them. This recipe calls for bacon. Just know, goodness awaits!
This is an easy recipe to keep in your back pocket for a rainy day. I served these with my Beef Short Ribs. Grab that recipe too! Recipe and photo guide is below.
Sauteed onion love.
Love God, Love People, EAT GOOD!
- Fresh green beans
- 3 strips of bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped or pearl onions
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 pats of butter or enough evoo to coat pan
- Rinse fresh green beans
- Snip ends (optional)
- Boil green beans in salted water for 4-7 minutes until tender
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking, set aside.
- Sauté onions until tender
- After your onions are tender, transfer sliced bacon to pan and cook until lightly crispy
- Add green beans to pan
- Add bacon and red pepper flakes
- Toss to combine
- Season with salt
- Sauté for 3-5 mins
- Serve with your favorite dish