Summer calls for picnics, cook-outs, and parties. And we all need a go-to recipe to take with us. Well, enter the Chicken Salad. Popular and full of mayo- I’ve never been able to enjoy it.- until recently that is.
As you know, I am anti-condiment for the most part. Yep, I can cook with them, but put mayo on my plate, and I’ll whimper, scream and maybe even cry! I’ve missed out on many a potato, macaroni and chicken salad. Ironically, my mother makes a mean chicken salad that my husband just loves. Because of this, I challenged myself to take her famous Chicken Salad and make it so great, that it could be one that we both would love.
Enter Greek Yogurt! This little life hack has changed the game for me as it pertains to chicken salad. Check the photo guide and recipe below.
Cast of Players:
- 3 Pieces of Roasted Chicken, shredded and de-boned. I like to use a mix of dark and white meat
- 1 and ½ cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup of Red Grapes, halved
- 1 large Red Apple, Peeled and diced
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped.
- Bountiful handful of candied Pecans
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 cracks of Fresh Black Pepper
- In a large bowl combine, shredded chicken, apples, grapes, celery and 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add in handful of candied Pecans, pinch of salt, fresh Black pepper and remaining yogurt.
- Stir gently as to not break up the Pecans.
- Serve on Toast or with Crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.