The first #MeatlessMonday of 2015! We made it! I’m glad you’re here.
Today I’m sharing an appetizer that will appease meat-eaters and vegans alike. Roasted Cherry Tomato & Clementine Crostini. Yep. Savory. Savory. Savory.
Cherry Tomatoes and Citrus. An unlikely pair. This is what happens when I have items in my fridge that I don’t want to go to waste and I’m in need of a tasty snack. I’m quite resourceful when it comes to odds and ends in the fridge. Creating this recipe was quite fun.
Enter bread, balsamic and my oven. This simple recipe will be delight your taste buds and please a crowd if you’re entertaining. Roasting the veggies pulls out a sweetness that is unmatched. The tang of Balsamic adds a nice rounded touch what I’m calling “the duo of delight”. This post is image heavy, so enjoy! Photo guide and recipe are below.
- 10-15 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 12 Clementine Segments
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Slices of Bread
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Lightly Coat a sheet pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toss Tomatoes and Clementine Segments in Balsamic Vinegar and Spread on sheet pan
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until softened
- While the tomatoes and clementines roast
- Cut out rounds of bread slices, each piece should yield two rounds
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Toast each round in butter until lightly golden and crisp
- Top each crostini round with Tomato and Clementine mixture
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Love God, Love People, Eat GOOD!