The one thing I love about my hometown is the wealth of local spots with good eats. As a reader of this blog you should know that eating local and supporting locals is what I’m all about. Indy has an amazing food scene and for that, my belly is always thankful! Taco love is alive and well in the food scene. One of the best things in life is a delciously crafted taco. Just look at it:
I happen to love the corn tortilla over the flour, and I tend to dress my tacos with a little garnish of chopped onion and cilantro. #TeamCilantro over these parts! Becuase of this, I wanted to share my favorite places in Indy to grab my beloved taco. These are in no particular order, just a few of my tried and true faves.
- Carniceria Guanajuato. I found this place via my co-workers and let me tell you! They are some of best taco’s I’ve had in Indy. Fresh and inexpensive! Try the Carne Asada, you won’t be disappointed. They also have a full menu and bar. There is something here for everyone.
- La Mulita Local and fresh is one way to describe this place. This spot is home to some of the most flavorful guacamole and street style tacos I’ve tried in a long while. Call to see if their serving the fish tacos. They are fantastic!
- Indy Tacos– Fast and good to the last bite. I love this place because my friends that live a gluten-free lifestyle can partake. Located in Sobro, they are a sure winner.
- Nada Two words: pork belly. Yep, this place has pork belly tacos, and I’m here for them. Tender and perfectly cooked, Nada takes tacos to the next level. Check them out.
- Scotty’s Dawghouse Located on the campus of Butler University sits a community staple- Scotty’s Dawghouse. Known for their barfood, they come in as sleeper hit in the world of taco’s. Street style and loaded with flavor, these tacos need to be on your radar. Get some.
- Chef Oya’s the Trap A seafood spot known for their amazingly crafted seafood trays. Tuesday is a day to stop by and grab some dang good shrimp tacos. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. You be hooked!
So there you have it folks. 5 local spots in the Indianapolis area to get your fix for the food that is tacos. Don’t say I didn’t try to help!
What’s your favorite spot for taco goodness? Tell me in the comments or on social media.
Thanks for reading,
Love God, Love people, Eat GOOD!