Are you getting geared up for the Big game? I am!
My Indianapolis Colts just defeated the Denver Broncos and are headed to the AFC Championship game! So you know I’m ready to watch, yell and EAT! Typically we serve wings, chips and dip, veggies or chili on game days, but this time I wanted something different. Enter the Chicken & Crimini Mushroom Wonton with Smoked Paprika Sour cream dip.
Full- flavored. Handy. Baked. Yep, Baked Wontons. All the fun without the fry. Leftover grilled chicken thighs, shallots and parsley round out this recipe. The sweetness of the shallot pairs well with crimini mushrooms. Grab the photo guide and recipe below.
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 medium shallot, diced fine
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt (pinch)
- Pepper (pinch)
- Garlic Powder (pinch)
- 1 water for brushing wonton wrappers
- 1/2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat in a shallow skillet
- Saute chopped mushrooms and onions for 5-7 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Add parsley, and stir to combine
- Cook an additional 2 minutes
- Stir in cooked, diced chicken
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Lay each wonton wrapper on a prepared sheet pan
- Brush the 4 edges of the wonton wrappers with water to moisten slightly
- Spoon filling on to wrapper
- Fold each wonton in, by making a small purse
- Place on sheet pan
- Bake for 7-12 minutes until wontons are crispy.
- To make Sour Cream Dip
- Combine sour cream and smoked paprika, stir thoroughly and serve along side wonton wrappers
Thank you for reading! What goodies are you serving for the big game?
Love God, Love People, Eat GOOD!